MY CAT IS EATING LESS
Consult with your vet
- Medical issues can cause changes in appetite, so make sure to check in with your vet if you cat has had a loss in appetite
Try to understand why your cat's appetite has changed
- Recent change of food?
- Competition with another cat for food?
- Recent changes at home? (moving, new furniture, redecorating)
- Recent traveling or boarding?
- Other changes that could cause stress?
Help Your Cat Feel Less Stressed with FELIWAY® Optimum
- If your cat is eating less because they are stressed, using FELIWAY® may help your cat to feel less stressed
- FELIWAY® releases “serenity messages”’ to create a safe and secure environment at home
- Results can be seen within the first week of use
- We recommend continuous use for at least one month
- Try FELIWAY® risk free with a 60 day satisfaction guarantee
Follow feeding “golden rules”
- Offer tasty food: try different flavors, in wet or dry. Food that is smelly is very appealing. Different cats have different tastes.
- Have their food bowl in a quiet room
- Ensure the food bowl (and water) is always accessible
- Each cat should have their own food bowl, which is away from their water bowl and litterbox
See how FELIWAY® helped these cats:
Why do cats lose their appetite?
Cats not eating can have either a medical or an emotional cause. We recommend consulting with your vet to rule out any possible medical causes for this change.
Cats will also eat less when they feel disturbed or insecure.
Many things may conflict your cat’s natural need for stability, such as:
- Travelling or a stay at a cattery disrupts your cat's normal routine
- Changes in the home (e.g. new furniture, redecorating) can upset cats
- A recent change in type of food, as it may take time to get used to a new diet
- Competition with other cats for food or water, or even the presence of a dog, can keep your cat away from their food bowl
- Use FELIWAY® Optimum to help keep your cat feeling comfortable and return to eating normally.