Essentials for leaving your cat home alone
Essentials for leaving your cat home alone for 2-3 days
Routine changes can be stressful for cats
- Leaving your cat for the weekend often means less attention for your cat, different mealtimes and possibly different people visiting them
Use Feliway Help!
- Releases happy messages into your home for 7 days
- Plug the diffuser in the room where your cat will spend most of their time, ideally 1-2 days before you plan to leave, and leave throughout the weekend
- Covers an area up to 500 sqft (approx a 2 bed house)
Ensure your cat can access all their resources
- Provide enough food and water for up to 48 hours
- Make sure your cat has access to their litter box. There should be enough space to allow your cat to find clean space to toilet during the whole weekend
- Your cat will appreciate being able to access their favorite elevated spots
- Consider activities your cat may enjoy while you are away, such as an activity feeder
Be aware of doors
- When leaving, check that your cat hasn't been accidently shut in somewhere, and that they have access to their favorite room, where FELIWAY </i>Help!</i> is plugged in
See “Happy Together’ stories of cats helped by FELIWAY
How FELIWAY helped Cassius Disco manage changes in the home
How FELIWAY stopped Simon Peeing on furniture
How to get Bird the cat to the vet
Cats are creatures of habit and any change can affect their wellbeing - including changes in their owner's schedule.
There are a number of options to consider when you are going away. You could use a cat sitter, take your cat to boarding, take your cat with you or if for a short time, leave them alone at home. But how can you ensure your cat remains happy whichever option you choose.
Considering a cat sitter or boarding?
The choice should be made considering your cat's personality and their preferences. There are pros and cons to having a cat sitter or boarding your cat. Home care is often easier, as it allows your cat to stay in their familiar environment and maintain a similar routine to normal.
Travelling with your cat
The alternative is to take your cat with you . To help you understand the best way to travel with your cat read our article.
FELIWAY Help! is the ideal solution for temporary stressful situations. One cartridge lasts 7 days, so is ideal to help reduce signs of stress if you choose to leave your cat home alone for the weekend.